Wednesday, July 20, 2011

mixin' it up

I am not normally a breakfast person.  I love breakfast foods, but when I wake up all I want is a cappuccino, and if that is not readily available than some other coffee caffeinated drink will suffice.  But thanks to this new way of life I cannot indulge in my love of caffeine, and while this might be good for my pocket book it is a sad start to my day.

So, to brighten things up and try to make the best out of this I decided to go out and purchase a cute blender.  (Actually, I went out to get a blender, but the cute one was on sale at Target.)

After buying this lovely new toy for the kitchen, I went to the Farmer's Market and New Leaf and Nob Hill and loaded up on fruits on the Good To Eat list, (no citrus, or apples permitted) and since I cannot have much in the way of dairy I bought all natural no sugar added fruit juices as well.  Then last night I was proactive and poured the juice into ice cube trays, and pre-cut the strawberries and bananas and froze them all overnight.  When I got up this morning instead of grinding coffee beans and making a morning cup of joe I mixed up a Mango Peach Strawberry Banana smoothie.



Tonight I made the same type of smoothie, but with a pinch of salt, to brighten the flavors a bit and then poured it into a Tupperware container and placed it in the freezer so that I could have a cool all natural no sugar no dairy type sorbet tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment